Human Resources Toolkit
Administrators working in child care often lack time and capacity to effectively manage their human resources. The CCHRSC's HR Toolkit is an online resource that contains a wealth of HR information, best practices, tools, policies, procedures and templates that can be downloaded and tailored to meet the individual requirements of administrators working in a variety of ECEC settings.
ARE YOU AN ADMINISTRATOR IN A CHILD CARE SETTING?
The CCHRSC worked collaboratively with a number of early childhood education and care (ECEC) employers who provided their expertise as well as samples of their HR resources, tools and templates. These have been added to the extensive toolkit content for broad use by the ECEC sector. Below are links to content that are particularly relevant to administrators working in early childhood education and care.
- Workforce Demographics, Metrics and Succession Planning
- Developing HR Policies
- Developing Policies: Common HR topics
- Leaves of Absence
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Employee Recognition
- Performance Appraisal and Management
- Employment Termination
- Compensation Systems: Design & Goals
- Wages and Salaries
- Generational Differences in the Workplace
- Learning, Training & Development
- Child care workplaces that work
- Interpersonal Communication